All branches will be closed Monday, May 27th for Memorial Day.

Questions about the Credit Union

You can visit one of our branches, call us at (423) 378-9292, or visit our Contact Us page.

Visit our Locations page for more information about our three branches. We are open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:30 PM.

Persons eligible to become a member include those who live, work, worship, or attend school in Sullivan County, Hawkins County, Kingsport, and Johnson City, Tennessee; businesses and legal entities in those areas; and current relatives of Kingsport Press Credit Union members.

You can visit one of our branches and ask to open an account. You’ll need your driver’s license, your social security card, proof of your current address (if the address is not current on the ID), and $10 ($5 is a membership fee that will stay in your account). If you have any questions, give us a call.

No, but we do check to see if you owe money to any other financial institutions.

If you would like to add a joint owner, you can bring the person with you to one of our branches. The new joint owner will need to bring a valid ID, a social security card, and proof of their current address (if the address is not current on the ID). If you are removing a joint owner, you do not need to have the joint owner with you when you come to a branch. However, if there is more than one joint owner on the account, both you and the joint owner not being removed will need to come in.

You can come to one of our branches and pick up a direct deposit form. After you fill out the form, you can take it to your employer.

You can update your address in Online Banking or by coming to one of our branches to fill out a form.

Yes, you can. You have the option of preventing overdrafts by allowing us to transfer funds from your other account(s). You also have the option of adding Courtesy Pay to your account. For more information, call us or visit one of our branches.

You must be 18 or older to get overdraft protection.

If your checks are lost or stolen, report it immediately by calling (423) 378-9292. A stop payment will have to be put on the checks that were lost. You will have to visit one of our branches within 24 hours to sign a form.

You can apply for a loan at one of our branches or online. Visit our Apply for a Loan page to apply on our website.

We can open up an account for you when you apply for a loan.

You can mail a payment, pay by phone (transfer only), pay online, or pay in person at one of our branches. You also have the option of setting up automatic transfers, payroll deduction, etc. For more information, give us a call.

You must be 18 or older to apply for a loan.

Your 1098 form will be mailed to you by the end of January each year.

Yes, you can add payment protection to your existing loan. For more information, visit a KPCU branch or give us a call.

A signature loan is a loan that is not secured by collateral.

Yes, you can get prequalified.

In addition to the make, model and year, make sure you know your mileage and your VIN number.

Yes. Visit our Home Loans page for more information.

You can visit a KPCU branch or an ATM, access it through Online Banking, or call our 24-hour Speedy number: (423) 378-0626.

Home equity loans can serve many purposes. You can use your home equity loan for tuition, to pay medical bills, for emergencies, etc. For more details, come talk to one of our loan officers or give us a call us.

The maximum term is 20 years, but advances can only be made in the first 10 years. The latter 10 years are for payback only.

The dwelling must be your primary residence. Modular or mobile homes on permanent foundation may be eligible provided that you own the land.

Any existing mortgage and the loan applied for must not exceed 80% of the appraised value or of the tax assessment or Zillow value (using whichever is less).

Adequate hazard insurance must be maintained on the property at all times.

No, there are no penalties for prepaying.

Yes. Before funds are disbursed, there is a three-day right of rescission.

No, there are no fees when you obtain your initial debit card. There are also no fees for signature- or PIN-based transactions. However, there is a $4.00 fee for a replacement card.

A member under 18 may get a debit and/or credit card in his/her name on a parent’s account.

Yes. Call any of our branches to let us know. One of our employees will fill out a travel notice so your card doesn’t get cut off.

Yes, but remember to let us know about your travel plans.

The ATM limit is $500 a day.

Call our main office at (423) 378-9292.

There is a $2,500 purchase/spending limit in 24 hours. If your transaction(s) are above this limit, they will be denied. If you know you are making a large purchase, we can raise the limit for a 24-hour period.
Transactions can also be denied if they register as fraud.

You can log in to your mobile app or Online Banking and use the Debit Card Management System to shut off your debit card. Or you can contact us during office hours at (423) 378-9292 ext 206. After hours, you can call 1-888-263-3370.

If your card is lost or stolen, immediately report it. During office hours, call (423) 378-9292 ext. 205. After hours, call 1-800-325-3679.

A pending transaction is a transaction that hasn’t posted to your account yet. Pending transactions are usually debit card purchases and checks that have a hold on them.

You can call one of our branches and ask an employee, or you can view your account in Online Banking.

Some debit card transactions will disappear from pending transactions and post a few days later. This is because a merchant has not submitted the final transaction. When the merchant does submit it, we will pay them and the transaction will post to your account.

Yes. Your Available Balance is your Current Balance minus pending transactions.

When you make a purchase with your debit card, the amount shown as pending may not be the full amount. For example, if you add a tip to your bill at a restaurant, the pending amount may not include the tip.

You can come into the office to change your PIN, or you can call and have a new PIN ordered. It will take 10-14 business days for a new PIN to come in the mail.

For information about Online Banking and our other electronic services, visit our Electronic Services page.

Click the login button that appears at the top of each page on KPCU’s website. When you are taken to the new page, click Register Now.

Click the login button that appears at the top of each page on KPCU’s website.

If you cannot log in to Online Banking, give us a call and we will assist you.

Go to Account Settings. Once there, you can change your email address, address, phone number, etc.

Go to Transfers. It will give you the option to set up a one-time transfer or a recurring transfer.

At this time, these options are not available in Online Banking. If you would like to stop a payment on a check, you can visit one of our branches to fill out a stop payment form and pay the stop payment fee.

In Online Banking, you can sign up to receive e-statements. If you do not, you will only receive paper statements and will therefore be charged a $2 fee each month.

You can call us to let us know you would also like to receive paper statements. If you receive paper statements, you will be charged a $2 fee each month.

When you are logged in on Online Banking, go to Statements. You will see options to download and view. Savings account statements will be available every 3 months. There will be statements for other types of accounts every month.

In Online Banking, go to Bill Payment and then Create iPay Account.

In Bill Pay, visit the Help page to see other frequently asked questions.

Phishing occurs when a hacker/scammer sends an email that prompts someone to click a link, give personal information, etc. The emails usually appear to be from a legitimate person or company. These types of emails will often contain urgent messages prompting you to perform an action quickly. For example, hackers can send emails that appear to be from a financial institution. An email like this might ask you to click a link to correct an error on your online bank account. Keep in mind that Kingsport Press Credit Union would not ask for personal information in an email. It’s important to always think before clicking a link or responding to emails you were not expecting to receive.

Smishing occurs when a hacker/scammer sends a text that prompts someone to click a link, give personal information, etc. Keep in mind that Kingsport Press Credit Union would not ask for your personal information in a text message. It’s important to think before clicking a link or responding to text messages you were not expecting to receive.

Vishing occurs when a scammer calls someone and attempts to get that person to give personal information over the phone. This can lead to identity theft. Keep in mind that Kingsport Press Credit Union would not call you to ask for personal information. If you’re unsure whether a call is from Kingsport Press Credit Union, you can hang up and call our number directly: (423) 378-9292.

Yes, we have safe deposit boxes at the Kingsport Main Office and the Church Hill Branch.

Yes, we offer complimentary notary service for our members at each of our branches.

Yes, you can. Just visit any of our branches or give us a call to do a wire transfer.

You can get a cashier’s check or a money order at KPCU.

Yes, the NCUA insures the credit union’s money up to $250,000.

No, we do not exchange foreign currency at this time.

Keep Up To Date

Get our exclusive offers, tips, and news delivered right to your inbox.

Kingsport Press Credit Union | 528 West Center St. Kingsport, TN 37660 | Call – 800.748.9978 or 423.378.9292
Routing # 264279295 | Speedy Phone Banking # 423.378.0626 |  NMLS #176850
Lost or Stolen Card? – Debit/ATM 1.888.263.3370 – Credit Card 1.800.325.3679
To Activate a Debit Card or Change Pin - 1.855.726.4885
To Respond to Debit Card Fraud Alerts - 1.855.961.1602
Debit Card Management System

Equal Housing Opportunity

EHO - We do business in accordance with the Fair Housing Act and Equal Credit Opportunity Act

Federally Insured by NCUA

NCUA - Your savings federally insured to at least $250,000 and backed by the full faith and credit of the United States Government.